Back again

I believe that I can now say that it has officially become a part of my personality: ambivalence towards television. Another Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone and I didn't even watch the entire game, nor did I even watch it in my own home (being that we haven't owned a TV for three years now). Instead, our home this weekend was host to Noël's dad as he was passing through, my second epic attempt to start plants from seeds (yes, that is me doing my thing in the garden), a few dozen amazing peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, muffins, biscuits, and time reflecting on and discussing about things that matter to Noël and I.

Today after church I began thinking about some of the ways that I have been relating to God in new ways. First, as I have attempted to jumpstart the germination process of some especially tricky seeds, I began to better understand the infinite complexity of this place. He created the things behind organic chemistry, natural life cycles, and even a neurological system where migraines could occur (ouch they hurt!). Secondly, I also began pondering about the grand question of "How am I pursuing a personal relationship with God?" This important question led me to a few interesting discoveries that initially was a healthy conversation, but ended with a great and solemn revelation. In addition to this revelation I was reminded that life as a Christ follower at times (most times) will look like that of the apostles and saints of Olde Tymes--ergo: hard, difficult, full of sacrifices, and continually purifying. This hard truth led to a revelation that along with a current and relative absence of these types of conflicts or oppositions may in fact be a result of a potential life-long struggle. (Likely more to come later . . .)

Finally, I have been reminded as I read slowly through a chapter in Luke that, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." What kind of people am I drawn towards, spend time with, think about, or befriend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake