Spirit

For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13
Four days ago I began to round up my left-over time and put it to good use. In these short few days I have established some study habits that include the use of a flash card app, read, gone
on walks, and had a great weekend in Bakersfield celebrating Paul's acceptance into the Naval Academy.

Tonight over dinner I began to talk with Michael about the nature of internal human experience classifications: Spirit, thought, emotion, (nothing), and reflex:

1) Spirit, especially Romans 8: Life in the Spirit
2) Thoughts are pretty apparent, but functions uniquely when compared to 3 or 1
3) Emotions
4) (nothing) usually happens when I am doing the dishes... stuff is going on outside, but not much inside...
5) Reflexes are rare but represent some type of experience, though fleeting

As I talked through this idea I began to realize that the 5 elements could interact in expected ways.
4 (nothing) usually leads to nothing or sometimes thoughts, but not usually emotions
5 reflexes are the base human instinct and is polar to Spirit-- the indwelling of God.
2 Thoughts sometimes lead to emotions like when I remember sweet things Noël has done in the past, then I get happy
3) Wild emotions can be stopped by thoughts or can linger (such grieving)
2) Thoughts of God can lead to the spirit
3) Emotions can lead to the spirit
etc.

A wave with normal ups and downs is created by a continuous line connecting each of the different human experiences, culminating in in the dominant experience of the Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake