mats and webs
"A lady once offered me a mat, but as I had no room to spare within the house, nor time to spare within or without to shake it, I declined it, preferring to wipe my feet on the sod before my door. It is best to avoid the beginnings of evil." HD Thoreau, Walden 111
I have spent the past hour watching a spider spin its web on our portch. It begin with a a single line strung from the over hang of our room. Over such period, it has strung 6 anchors to the roof, wooden crossbar, iron gate and ground. The web when finished I guess will cover an area 3 feet by 4 feet. Structurally sound to catch and hold a thrashing moth and quick spider. I hope to never again happen upon a spider web for the purpose of destruction after watching the artfulness of this interesting creature.
I have spent the past hour watching a spider spin its web on our portch. It begin with a a single line strung from the over hang of our room. Over such period, it has strung 6 anchors to the roof, wooden crossbar, iron gate and ground. The web when finished I guess will cover an area 3 feet by 4 feet. Structurally sound to catch and hold a thrashing moth and quick spider. I hope to never again happen upon a spider web for the purpose of destruction after watching the artfulness of this interesting creature.
Comments
Post a Comment