Truth

The defense of truth
Introduction


The defense of truth: Political meanderings appropriate for stump speechs for president's elect??

Unfortunate for everyone, the defense, discovery, and dissemination of truth has not been established as a mainline. Truth might be seen as only "pontificated from upon high, while lowlies are not to meddle in truth founding and truth seeking." People in China, in classrooms, at the water cooler, at church, out and about, at Barnes and Noble, infrequently speak or hint at truth outright.

A friend recently gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble. On a free afternoon after work, I looked through every isle, browsing every section, looking for that perfect book. Hapless little me had to endure a painful discussion as I thoroughly viewed the philosophical books (that just aren't the same on google books as they are in print.) Two gentlemen, one a foreign student studying at a local university and a the other a professed TV screenwriter ranted and raved about all the "hot topics" such as religion, the rise of China, integrity in schools and at businesses, honesty, and history of the American democracy. Many, many, many, many clichés were used. What neither attempted to do during this Lincoln-Douglas debate was establish any type of fact or reality that was based upon their views, experiences, logic, or any type of basis-- most was heresay, news articles, and books written by So and So. (I feel the need to implicitly say that I do not think that these two guys were bad or stupid. I am sure that they were neither.) However, I can say from my own experience, I have had these types conversations before with people where I refused to engage with them, I just try to dazzle or make the other person happy or whatever I was trying to do... at the expense of truth.

Thus, I recently have begun molt my acquiescence in exchange for a humble yet firm pursuit and defense of truth. This transformation has been led by the stingingly truthful words of GK Chesterton in response to critics. This change has been encouraged internally by the perfect spirit of God within me. This revolution will be necessary for the stabilization and improvement of society's fettle. This improvement must begin with me-- my life, my conversations... with me.

Comments

  1. Anonymous13/8/08

    Jozell Brister Lives!

    -John Neill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake