Spark
I drive to work taking the most direct path, because I would like to limit the amount of time in my car. I rarely take notice of the people around me. To me, they are the nameless, faceless strangers that share this zip code with me. However, I was startled this morning when I saw the exact same car with the exact same driver that I saw a few days earlier. Two days ago I passed a co-worker while I zipped by in the Carpool lane. Aside from seeing Juno tonight and spending time with Noël, this has been the most surprising discovery that I have made recently. Granted, I have learned more about California's wickedly complicated labor laws, business etiquette, manufacturing processes in the aerospace business, been dragged along in the drama of campaigning presidential hopefuls, and the (75%) discovery of the sex of a new niece(?). Although all of these things have been going on, I have recognized the absence of spark.
Perfect conditions are not necessary in order for this spark to exist. I simply have to strike the flint...
Lord willing, if I am given another day, I will seek to strike the flint and continue singing that darn'd Mold Peaches song that is stuck in my head.
Post Script: It is my concern if this lack of spark is a phase or does it generally come with the coming of age? Has this happened to anyone else?
Perfect conditions are not necessary in order for this spark to exist. I simply have to strike the flint...
Lord willing, if I am given another day, I will seek to strike the flint and continue singing that darn'd Mold Peaches song that is stuck in my head.
Post Script: It is my concern if this lack of spark is a phase or does it generally come with the coming of age? Has this happened to anyone else?
Comments
Post a Comment