Best of both worlds
A good meal in China consisted of several dishes that all had unique flavors. Ideally, a host would provide enough dishes that would cross all the different taste such as sweet, salty, bitter, sour, or even umami. This did not always ensure that the food was actually good, but it was a good rule of thumb. "Because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet."
Yesterday afternoon Michael, Curt and I went to the shooting range out by Lake Buena Vista. It was different from all the other skeet shooting ranges I had been to because of how it was set up. Each stations had two throwers inside of a tall or short house on the outside of a semi-circle. What you would do is rotate around a semi-circle, that was about 100 feet in diameter, and shoot around the world. By doing this, you got to work on birds coming right at you, going away from you, and even got to shoot doubles. I did better than I had expected and think my final count was around 7 or 8 out of 25. The experience would not have been the same if Steve, the resident expert hadn't come and shoot with us. He looked to be about 50 or so, had the cowboy boots and wrangers, a very nice over-under, and came off as a good ole boy. He took the time to give Michael and I shooting tips and gave us an idea of how much lead time to give the skeet and so forth. He was the nicest person I have met in a long time. I guess I should try to go find a gun range in Orange County to find the nice, talkative people.
Last night after eating pizza, we all went to go see Enchanted at the dollar theater. It was such a ridiculous movie (although it is hard to peg it to any type of description), but it was such an enjoyable experience. It was just so... good. When I left the theater after seeing Cloverfield, or after reading some of the books I do, the message that I got was that bad was good. But with Enchanted, it made me believe that good can be good too. I guess that could be one reason why Noël and I are season pass holders to Disneyland. Well that, plus it is just fun.
Yesterday afternoon Michael, Curt and I went to the shooting range out by Lake Buena Vista. It was different from all the other skeet shooting ranges I had been to because of how it was set up. Each stations had two throwers inside of a tall or short house on the outside of a semi-circle. What you would do is rotate around a semi-circle, that was about 100 feet in diameter, and shoot around the world. By doing this, you got to work on birds coming right at you, going away from you, and even got to shoot doubles. I did better than I had expected and think my final count was around 7 or 8 out of 25. The experience would not have been the same if Steve, the resident expert hadn't come and shoot with us. He looked to be about 50 or so, had the cowboy boots and wrangers, a very nice over-under, and came off as a good ole boy. He took the time to give Michael and I shooting tips and gave us an idea of how much lead time to give the skeet and so forth. He was the nicest person I have met in a long time. I guess I should try to go find a gun range in Orange County to find the nice, talkative people.
Last night after eating pizza, we all went to go see Enchanted at the dollar theater. It was such a ridiculous movie (although it is hard to peg it to any type of description), but it was such an enjoyable experience. It was just so... good. When I left the theater after seeing Cloverfield, or after reading some of the books I do, the message that I got was that bad was good. But with Enchanted, it made me believe that good can be good too. I guess that could be one reason why Noël and I are season pass holders to Disneyland. Well that, plus it is just fun.
Nothing is sweeter than smoking some skeet!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen Enchanted, but maybe now after your post Tyler will want to go... (I'll cross my fingers).
ReplyDeleteI love Disney World, I've never been to Disney Land though...