Singlemindedness
In Huntington Beach there is a restaurant called the Lazy Dog Cafe that I have eaten at twice before. The menu includes items from the wok, the grill, home cooked goods, sandwiches, and a variety of salads. Each item is great, and both times I ate there, the other people said, "I don't know what to get-- it all looks so good." And it is true, because the chicken pot pie and the kung pow chicken is great. With so many options I have found that it is best to pick one type of food and within that genre, make my choice between about 8 or 10 items.
Once I begin putting more than 10 "items" into consideration, I can no longer keep track of things. Yesterday I had an opportunity to execute this type of mental organization and it was wonderful. Work went smoother. I was able to order food faster. My conversations with others were much better.
My greatest achievement (or rather His), though, was only achieved as I sat in a quaint and silent prayer chapel on the Biola University campus. With my mind singly focus on ideas of God, I was able to renew and discover new facets of that relationship. It had been this type of formula or rational realizations that have caused me to be all reverence and no relationship (with God). As I was explaining it to Noel I said, "I know that God grants me the ability and the strength to live my life, so I do," with no consideration of the personal relationship with God that I do have.
I then began to praise God for the peace I was granted in that holy place, and that I was able to discover my personal relationship with God again. Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Once I begin putting more than 10 "items" into consideration, I can no longer keep track of things. Yesterday I had an opportunity to execute this type of mental organization and it was wonderful. Work went smoother. I was able to order food faster. My conversations with others were much better.
My greatest achievement (or rather His), though, was only achieved as I sat in a quaint and silent prayer chapel on the Biola University campus. With my mind singly focus on ideas of God, I was able to renew and discover new facets of that relationship. It had been this type of formula or rational realizations that have caused me to be all reverence and no relationship (with God). As I was explaining it to Noel I said, "I know that God grants me the ability and the strength to live my life, so I do," with no consideration of the personal relationship with God that I do have.
I then began to praise God for the peace I was granted in that holy place, and that I was able to discover my personal relationship with God again. Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Comments
Post a Comment