ext. 301
My dearest apologies to my faith readers. It has been but two days since I have had internet connection. (Is it considered stealing if your neighbor does not put a password on his wireless network?)
New things to report:
-In the world of PCA, I report to the CFO, but I do my own thing. When I have finished processing payroll or doing reports for my managers, sometimes I will go out to the floor and pass out gum and talk to guys. It is proof that Robert Redford was right when he said that all you need as a spy is a pocket knife, a lighter and a stick of gum. It is a great conversation starter.
-My brother in law Michael was on his way home from LA last weekend, when his car spun out of control and flipped several times. His car spun a few times, ramped up off a center divider, flipped over itself, landed on the trunk and flipped a few more times, and then came to rest on the shoulder (which was in between a cliff a few hundred yards behind him, and a grove a trees a few hundred yards in front of him.) He didn't even have a scratch and still hasn't been sore yet. This is one more example of my personal belief of Providence.
-Our neighborhood has everything you could possibly want close to your house. I think it is because our neighborhood is full of condo's and apartments, which means the population density is higher.
-Finally, I was reading Thomas Aquinas yesterday on my lunch break and I began thinking about the personification of God. God is not human, but in order for us to understand it, historically people have considered him an it or a Him- God, YWH, Allah. By doing this, we have given a non-human a human characteristic. Thomas states that, "The manifestation of the divine things pertains to the wisdom of God is clear from the fact that God himself fully and perfectly knows himself by his wisdom. Hence if we know anything of him it must be derived from him, because every imperfect thing takes its origin from the perfect." By considering the perfection of God yesterday, I understood him better. Try it and tell me if you had similar results.
In case I don't see you again: good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.
New things to report:
-In the world of PCA, I report to the CFO, but I do my own thing. When I have finished processing payroll or doing reports for my managers, sometimes I will go out to the floor and pass out gum and talk to guys. It is proof that Robert Redford was right when he said that all you need as a spy is a pocket knife, a lighter and a stick of gum. It is a great conversation starter.
-My brother in law Michael was on his way home from LA last weekend, when his car spun out of control and flipped several times. His car spun a few times, ramped up off a center divider, flipped over itself, landed on the trunk and flipped a few more times, and then came to rest on the shoulder (which was in between a cliff a few hundred yards behind him, and a grove a trees a few hundred yards in front of him.) He didn't even have a scratch and still hasn't been sore yet. This is one more example of my personal belief of Providence.
-Our neighborhood has everything you could possibly want close to your house. I think it is because our neighborhood is full of condo's and apartments, which means the population density is higher.
-Finally, I was reading Thomas Aquinas yesterday on my lunch break and I began thinking about the personification of God. God is not human, but in order for us to understand it, historically people have considered him an it or a Him- God, YWH, Allah. By doing this, we have given a non-human a human characteristic. Thomas states that, "The manifestation of the divine things pertains to the wisdom of God is clear from the fact that God himself fully and perfectly knows himself by his wisdom. Hence if we know anything of him it must be derived from him, because every imperfect thing takes its origin from the perfect." By considering the perfection of God yesterday, I understood him better. Try it and tell me if you had similar results.
In case I don't see you again: good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.
It's unfortunate that our human personification can never get close to what God truly is. But it's also a beautiful thing. We personify God so that we can understand him, but he also personifies himself by choosing to reveal himself in human form in Jesus. He takes on our humanity so that in some mysterious way, we can be found in his divinity.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your posts. Blessings in your life and work.