New look

If you are lucky enough to live in a region of the world that enjoys four or three full seasons, you might have a better idea of what I am talking about. Around this time of year in certain regions in the northern hemisphere, trees' sap begin to move back toward the root system in order to weather the upcoming winter well. When this happens, the leaves change color. It is this changing of appearance, and the obvious climate change, that heralds a new season. In the same way, I feel less like I am in Chapter Two of my life and feel more like a substitute.

Well, I am a substitute on the days "they" call me. I live with Noël's parents. I don't really have any close relationships in the area that don't live at the house. I have noticed that I am approaching each day of like in the same way that I approach each day at work:
-I never quite know what I am doing, where I am going, or what the hey I am supposed to be doing (please, someone tell MT I just used his phrase ).
-I am poor in some areas, but rich in others (i.e. money and time, respectfully)
-I might only be here for one day, but I sure am going to have a lot of fun, and see to it that other people do too.
-Pretty much, I am loving life, but not in Natal

With respect to point 2b I would like to ask something of my readership; because, I intend on becoming a professor some day, although I do enjoy being a stand-in teacher for middle school...yippee, I fully intend on writing a lot more. For those of you that departed when I went through my Chinese existential state, or through my rough amd ugly re-transition stage, or my really awkward out of place stage... please come back. For those of you who hung around, I ask two things. Please bring those who I scared away back to the fold, because I would like to hear what you have to say. If what I write sucks, please tell me. If it is confusing and needs clarification, please tell me. If you want more of something, please tell me. The benefit of having a classroom is at least in person I can tell when someone is asleep or if they have that glazed over look. It is called feedback.

"I will never work for the benefit of another man." AR. Please do not misunderstand my pleas. I am not asking for a hand out or the charity of your readership. I am promising quality stuff that will be all over the board, and because I intend on organizing my thoughts later in life, possibly in books, this is a chance to dip into the spring at the source, for free (almost, because you are still giving me time). Topics to look forward to.

-In depth analysis of Atlas Shrugged, and what the hay it means to be a Christian and a capitalist
-Completion of my ideas of surviving in a changing world
-I should be receiving my Thomas Aquinas books, so you can guess what that means
-Movie review of the Kingdom, simply because they used a great U2 song in the second trailer, (The review will more than likely only be a link to Dan Carlson's blog.)
-Off-the-wall comments from those human beings, ages 12-14
-100 things about me
-Plenty of book reviews, literary criticism, coffee recipes, weather reports, pictures, tech stuff, business, uncle stories, and many other things

Finally, I watched the entire taping of the Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad while at Columbia University, in New York City. You can watch it if you would like to have a full understanding of the full situation, but being one that has watched it all, I would recommend not watching it. Many things could have been lost between the two very different cultures through language or custom. I imagine that through a strict analysis of the transcript I might be able to find more meaning, but on first impression, he dodged every question and rambled the whole time. I did think that the President of the university was very bold in saying what he said. I would encourage anyone to watch the 10 minutes of his speech. As a man in power, he had an opportunity to do something, and he did. Forget the sound bites on FoxNews or short quotes from US Today-- just watch the whole thing. President Bollinger starts about 3.5 minutes into the taping and continues onto one more video.


Comments

  1. I'm still a faithful reader...I just don't always comment b/c sometimes I can't make it to the end of your posts. Sometimes they just take more concentration than is available with a toddler pulling on your leg!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. derek26/9/07

    never left.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake