How to do
If you understand what the title means, then you possibly know what my life has been like for the past nine months. It is because you do not know what it means that I have used this blog recently to make political rants, weird observations, or other randomness involved in my day. Most of you do not know about my friend Craig. Most of you do not know that he would say that at least once every time I saw him. Most of you would not know that I have been the most idle I have ever been in my life. Not bored. Not useless. Just idle. I have very few friends. At times, I leave the house only to go to the garage to get Costco Italian sausages. The longest I have been away from Noël was three days, and the second shortest was about 10 hours the other day when I went to a Fresno State football game. I have very few people that I talk to and I have spent a lot of my recent time reading.
Which returns me to my Chinglish saying- How to do? (a poorly translated and overused idom that many students used). I choose to use this as a medium for me to rant, and until I get any friends, will be used as one.
**
I am pretty sure that there are very few things that have bugged me today more than one person's response to the report on Iraq delivered by General David H. Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq Ryan C. Crocker. As a rationally discerning person, I have to chose whether I am going to believe a general and an ambassador over the word of a political fool in his high back, leather chair in Washington. Here are the primary sources.
General Petraeus
Ryan Crocker
In true Acquinas spirit, though, why is America there? What benefit is it that America is trying to stabilize the Gulf region by stabilizing a weak country? Why invest in a military operation, diplomatic envoys, or civilian businesses? If the answer is money, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it would seem to be a new form of colonialism, which some say is bad. Whatever the reasons, however, they do not invalidate the sworn testimony of two of America's most high profile leaders, or make it like "asking a college student to grade his own term paper" (Hon. Tom Harkin). I choose to listen more attentively to those who are paid to do their job (i.e. generals or ambassadors) than those who are paid to comment on those who are doing their job (like me).
Which returns me to my Chinglish saying- How to do? (a poorly translated and overused idom that many students used). I choose to use this as a medium for me to rant, and until I get any friends, will be used as one.
**
I am pretty sure that there are very few things that have bugged me today more than one person's response to the report on Iraq delivered by General David H. Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq Ryan C. Crocker. As a rationally discerning person, I have to chose whether I am going to believe a general and an ambassador over the word of a political fool in his high back, leather chair in Washington. Here are the primary sources.
General Petraeus
Ryan Crocker
In true Acquinas spirit, though, why is America there? What benefit is it that America is trying to stabilize the Gulf region by stabilizing a weak country? Why invest in a military operation, diplomatic envoys, or civilian businesses? If the answer is money, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it would seem to be a new form of colonialism, which some say is bad. Whatever the reasons, however, they do not invalidate the sworn testimony of two of America's most high profile leaders, or make it like "asking a college student to grade his own term paper" (Hon. Tom Harkin). I choose to listen more attentively to those who are paid to do their job (i.e. generals or ambassadors) than those who are paid to comment on those who are doing their job (like me).
Dear Patrick
ReplyDeletewhat do you mean that most people dont know me....dont know of me...
HOW TO DO?
Go and tell everyone in bakersfield that you have this friend from a far far away land called Australia where we dont have cars because we just ride kangaroos to work and where the toilet does flush the other way and people always greet each other with G'day mate...Go and tell them that if they are wondering how to do then they should come to me and ask me to tell them the how to do. Remember,no pains no gains!
whats your cell number (mobile number)? i want to send you an SMS or even call you...
i called Mariage last night and we chatted for an hour and a half. It was really special..
I will call Ines tonight...muhahah
Now about this whole IRAQ thing...i watched this really interesting film by Michael Franti where he goes to Iraq and Israel and looks at the people effected by the war...I couldnt imagine living in Iraq at the moment..the fear of living in a country like that...When George Bush (probably the worlds most hated man) visited Australia there were so many protesters..they put up a giant fence around the northern part of sydney for the APEC meetings and blocked off other parts of Sydney to prevent trouble and "terrorism". This really upset several sydney siders so this TV show called Chasers decided to pull some APEC pranks which were so funny...ok, so now they are now getting charged and have to go to court facing jail time but they were really funny pranks...look them up on youtube...they created their own firework show..there were fireowrks for teh leaders of Apec and sydney siders were told that there would be a small firework show and to remain indoors and not go outside as its not for the public....THIS IS NOT THE AUSTRALIAN SPIRIT...so the guys from Chasers created a small firework show and then in the end tehy had illuminated "APEC SUCKS" in fireworks...they also managed to sneek an osama binladen look alike into the fenced off part of sydney which embarressed police...you'll just have to watch it on youtube...
it makes me belly wobble thinking about it!
There show was then watched by almost 4 million people during that week..not bad for a country of 20 million!
So ill chat to you soon brother,
i need to continue cleaning my room...i live in a share house at the moment...its fun!
I don't know Craig but he sounds interesting!
ReplyDelete