Stickin' it to him

The other day I got an email from Mrs. Ann Hastings letting me know that I could have a free night out on blockbuster. It seemed like it might have been too good to be true, considering I can't even watch a Charlie Chaplin, Lethal Weapon, or even a new release for a shy under 5 bucks. Two movies, a drink and popcorn... for free? Why not. Turns out that it is a fake, but it isn't keeping the people away. When my parents when to redeem the coupon the worker said it was a fake and already that store alone had received at least 100 fake vouchers.
(As my Australian friend would say) How to do? I can imagine that it was a strategic attack on Blockbuster, and quite effective. Props to the man who used Adobe Creative Suite and a scanner to stick it to the man.

Comments

  1. On the other hand...some Blockbusters have been honoring them. It never hurts to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a strict policy: never believe an email. So even if I get something like this from a trusted source, I check snopes.com to verify. Sure enough, right as I was about to print it out, I found the break down of the fake on snopes. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake