Breaking the ice
Campbell ran a soup add a few years ago that showed a snowman shuffling into a house on a blustery day. After a taking off his scarf and hat he sat down to a bowl of soup and then began to melt. After a few minutes the snowman melt to reveal a young man.If you have ever traveled or lived in a big city you will have a good idea of what I am talking about. The people I have lived around all seem to have cold faces, there are always millions of people shuffling by, and it seems that there is a lack of outward concern for each other. Granted, you will find people here and there that you can carry a conversation with or get the "nod of recognition" from a stranger, but my experience from living in China and spending some time in California has kind of left me a little cold. Granted, I was borderline obnoxious about how I interacted with strangers, and I can thank the ACU culture for that one, but for myself I had gotten unusually cold towards people. I finally realized this when I was visiting a Starbucks in Arlington and I ran into someone that I only briefly knew in high school. She was so nice and friendly with everyone and she even remembered my name. It was so refreshing not to be the next faceless body shuffling in then out of a store. I love Texas.
"Eye on the prize" is what I would call what happened the other day. Noel was craving some brownies so I went through all the trouble to actually mix in the oil and egg into the prepared mix and pour it into a pan. Of course, if you are going to make brownies, you can't waste the batter by merely washing it down the drain. Noel got one beater and I got one beater. I had finished wiping down the counters and was enjoying my beater, when Noel decided to be real sweet and give me a little kiss on the cheek. As she drew in for the kiss, she was looking at the beater with chocolate goodness dripping from it, and instead of landing a sweet peck on my cheek, she lightly licked my cheek. I looked at her startled. She looked at me startled. "Did you just lick me??"
You Dirtbag! (appropriate use of the exclamation mark)
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeletehow to do when tongue on cheeck leave feeling to write blog
we got a horse yesterday...he (you cant really call it a HE..since he got his dandan chopped off) but we got a horse that had been mistreated, so we got everything for free..and i was the first one to ride him..he is 27 years old...wow....thats old
Hey Patrick and Noel, We had a great time the other night! Hope ya'll have a safe trip back. Don't do it all in one day!
ReplyDelete