Guess what

Last night Noël and I watch the mookorama known as Guess Who. We were thumbing through a friend's DVD collection and got three possible winners. After watching View from the Top for about 10 minutes and realizing that we had already figured out the whole movie, we threw in Miss Congeniality II, but again took it out because we could hear popcorn and people coughing in the theater. Usually I will avoid movies that are overly advertised, because it is an indication of people trying to juice up the first weekend sales before people find out how mediocre or bad a movie really is; however, I was pleased with this movie. Again, some comedies loose steam as they piece together all the plot elements and turn from funny to stupid-sappy, with a swelling soundtrack to compliment. The actors complimented themselves well, and never seemed to stop mooking each other. Upon reflection of the movie (which I know is made to be overly dramatic) I have decided to reveal to you my first book idea. I think that it is complete but is perhaps shorter than most people are used to.

The six bullets to a happy relationship
  • Don't be stupid, i.e. lacking in intelligence or common sense
  • Don't take it personally
  • Your not the only person in the world and no one can read your mind. Thus, don't be selfish.
  • There is no on else in the world who has ever had the same kind of relationship that you have.
  • Would you stand in front of a raging wild fire and toss gasoline in the air and all over yourself? If you wouldn't, then why would you go to a bunch of emotional third parties that feed off of gossip* for counsel?
  • Love** each other.

*From the movie, the two hurt women go to a sleep over with gaggle of their friends who are middle-aged, emotional, and drunk. Seriously, did they think they would get good advice then-- but they did have a good time with their close friends and family.
**verb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake