
How many Chinese does it take to fix a scooter? This isn't a racially derogatory story --simply a story. Two weeks ago I was on my way to class early in the morning and noticed a crowd. There are people everywhere, but from time to time you will come upon a clump of people. I have seen clumps surrounding a Chinese chess game, people yelling at each other, magicians, and even at construction sites. This morning, the object of the clump was actually a two-stroke driven scooter. The bike was propped up, with two people obviously holding tools and about 10 people flanking the workers. I swear, I saw several people eating their breakfast noodles, just hanging out. Perhaps they were managing the service, offering advice, or maybe just chewing the fat with each other. I love the clumps, and I love China.
I love watching people! I can't imagine how fun it must be to be able to observe such a unique culture from your perspective.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the City workers in Lyons, KS! It takes 5 of them to dig a hole. One to dig. One to hold an extra shovel. One to hold a walkie talkie, one to watch, and one to sit in the truck and make sure it stays cool with the AC on.
ReplyDelete