A new day

So many things about this past week have been so new, so different, and so surprising. Exactly one week ago, Noël and I were at LAX dealing with the fact that we missed our first flight from LAX to San Francisco. Until we were able to work everything out, I was fearing the worst: that we would have to purchase a whole new set of tickets. For those of you hoping to travel internationally make sure that you make it to the ticket counter at least 1 hour before the plane leaves and at least 45 minutes for domestic flights. Consider it a lesson learned.
I have learned that $72 can get you a great hotel in Shanghai, complete with a modern motif and flatscreen tv.
Unfortunately we arrived during the latter part of the New Years holiday, so most of my favorite food places were still closed, which created a whole new problem. I spent my first term learning how to depend upon local restaurants to satisfy my food needs. Imagine what kind of problem we had when they were all closed. Noël and I have been a little hungry the past few days. Don't worry too much though, because we have been able to find food.
Every day is a completely new day, and so far China has been a completely new experience now that I am back with Noël.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake