This one goes out to Jon Hinson

I met John Hinson at the War Ball rush my senior year. In many ways, he was like me, in that he kind of made an impression on the members who were observing the new candidates. My year, I got a dodgeball thrown directly at my crotch from about 15 feet. Instead of dodging the ball, I jumped up, and then got nailed. I was an idiot. Jon Hinson made his impressoin by doing this amazing flip throw, and also because at the time he seriously looked like Side Show Bob from the Simpsons. Jon, Chad, Jeff and I had Enviornmental Science with Emmet Miller last spring. Most amazing class ever. We learned about dirt, Jeff brought his pillow and slept during the class, and Jon and Chad always did their discrete mathematics homework. One day, John was telling me about this new membership that he got with a off-shore downloading club and this great external hard drive he just bought. Instead of taking it slow, he hit the ground running with either 300 or 400 gigs downloaded in the first afternoon. Evidently, he slowed down the network of the entire so bad, that adminstration was having to wait to make bank payments. I am sure the Colonel. was not too happy about that. His ip and his port immediately got sequestered and he was brought in for questioning. He got off from Team55 with probation.
Last night I learned from the French teachers on campus that China Mobile is running a promo on campus with their internet. Students pay 40 yuan per semester, and then have to pay utilities on top of that. So, CM is giving away 3 full months of "high speed" internet to the entire campus so that they can buy it later. If there are two things that I know about Chinese it is
1) Every male in this country under the age of 25 loves Prison break, and has or is currently downloading every episode as we speak.
2) People don't buy media such as music or movies-- they download them.

For the next three months I will have to wait until 11:00pm to get any bandwidth, because that is when they turn off the power to the dorms.
This one goes to you Jon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake