The world behind handlebars is just better

Today I went for a bike ride to enjoy this unseasonably warm weather. The days reach about 60 and it dips down to about 30 at night. Today I saddled up, slung the camera over the shoulder, stuffed 15 RMB in my pocket, and then was off.
The world is such an intricately created realm, that when you stop. Look around. Process everything, it is amazing. I love looking at how the clouds look, watching the smoke rise from rubbish piles, feeling the dust in my lungs as a dump truck speeds by, watching factory workers getting shuffled from the factory back to their homes, and just the feeling you get when you accelerate down a hill in a big gear. I spent about 20 minutes at a local food market watching different shop workers play ma jiang. It is a type of matching game with about 150 different pieces. I just watched, laughed, poked around with my Chinese, offered my new friends some peanuts that I bought for 1 yaun, and just soaked in the humanity.
-Here are some beautiful pictures of New York City, by night
-I don't really think that pi is the universal truth, however I was amazed by Akira's ability to use his brain. Plus, I love the details in the article in how they are kind of hokey, but completely believable details.
Comments
Post a Comment