forty-eight hours of Thanksgiving

One of the benefits of being an expat residing beyond the International Date Line is that in some ways, I get to enjoy nearly two of the same American holidays. Yesterday, I semi-celebrated the tradition day for Thanksgiving, complete with working during the day and eating turkey and playing games at night. Today, for Thanksgiving II I was able to talk to my family early this morning, talk to Noel for a little bit, see pictures from her time at the grandparents house, and again enjoy another Thanksgiving meal. This time, it was a lunch with all the foreign teachers, and our bosses. Taken together, these two days added up to an enjoyable Thanksgiving. Separated, they would have been below par. It is getting increasingly difficult to stay in the game and not check out with so little time left before I get to go home and see my love.
I will just have to see how tomorrow turns out.

Comments

  1. whitney24/11/06

    happy late turkey day patrick!
    i hope you made that ridiculous turkey gobble sound you're so good at. it'd be funny to see a bunch of shy chinese girls giggle at THAT.
    we got you and noel's WEDDING INVITATION in the mail this week......HOORAY. i can't imagine how hard it must be apart, but think about how wonderful it will be when you get to be together for EVER. but still, dang. i'm sorry :(
    hope you at least got to have some pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake