Roller Coaster of Life

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. " FB

In the span of about two days I have felt inept as a teacher, found out that Noel isn't graduating in December, researched graduate schools, asked to give a lecture on "University life in America", been emotionally crushed by someone, been reminded of someone's unending love for me, suprised people by calling them with Skype, gotten very excited about the future, planted an herb garden in tuppawear, had people tell me I have such a nice beer on my face, eaten Korean rice and noodles, craved McDonald's, read philosophy on the roof, and made several calls to the English department at ACU concerning their master's program. As I look back at even the past two days, things change so quickly and can change so drastically. Like never before in my life have I needed a constant Anchor and needed so much hope, just to make it through every day. I am glad that I am in China, and in a position where I am getting stretched.

Maybe?



Ammendment:
I just arrived home after giving my talk on University life in America. There were about 150 students seated in standing in a medium sized lecture hall. Kim, the other teacher, talked about facts and figures and life of a non-traditional student, and I talked about life for a normal student. Afterward students asked questions about entrance exams, differences in tests, several questions about part-time jobs. When we had officially finished, I had a student come up and ask me if I had graduated from a university in America, I had studied English and Business, what was I doing in China. She was confused because I could have made so much more money in America. I told her that I was interested in the culture, in the language, and that I was interested in getting to know the students and people around me. Why am I here...

Comments

  1. And so the doors of opportunity open... I'll give ya a holla tonight after Float night. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake