Chairs way up high
Today has been the best monday that I have had yet. I slept without any interruptions until 10:15. Then, I got to talk to my amazing fiancee for a bit. For lunch, I ate at a new restaurant, and had some over priced sweet and sour pork. But, I was able to find someone who needed my leftovers more than I did. After lunch I was able to go for a fairly long bike ride through the countryside. It is one of the perks to being on the edge of town-- it does not take long to get out of the city. I added some pictures that you can find on my photoblog. The rest of the details are pretty mundane, except for my adventure on the roof. The roof of our apartment is open for us to use (I guess). It might not sound very interesting, except for all of the communal buildings I have ever lived, the roofs are off limits. Today I brough my new comfy chair and some books. As soon as I got on the roof, I did the natural thing and shut the door. Except, when I did this, I actually locked myself out of the entire building. No problem, I went to the other stair access and a lady happened to be walking to the 6th floor. I was obnoxious and said "Ni hao" very louud and knocked on the door. She blushed when she opened the door for me. Down 14 flights, up 14 flights, and I was back to my chair. Then, I climbed on top of the stair well part (the tallest part of the building), which was a little difficult because some of the rungs of the ladder were missing. After I was able to Spider Man my way up to the top, I was able to enjoy a spectacular view of campus and enjoy a little Augustine (_City of God_). It was encouraging because I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather, and being reminded of the absolute goodness of god. Not bad for a Monday afternoon.
I have a new favorite place to go. If you are in the area, stop by and we can share a cup of french press and watch the Chinese students attempt to play sports or philosophize about the meanings of life or about baseball.
I have a new favorite place to go. If you are in the area, stop by and we can share a cup of french press and watch the Chinese students attempt to play sports or philosophize about the meanings of life or about baseball.
nights on the roof of the shack are priceless.
ReplyDeleteWhat a day! The roof sounds so peaceful and relaxing!
ReplyDelete