Beauty and the beast

Three weeks ago my new bike was stolen while I was in class. It wasn't the mercedes of Chinese bikes-- it was more of a new KIA or a slightly used Toyota of Chinese bikes. It grieved me to lose my bike. After returning from the Spring Festival holiday, I purchased the cheapest darn bike at the store. The seat is like sitting on a board, I only have one pedal now, the wheels were in true for abou 68 seconds, and it is at least 3 sizes too small. It is a perfectly functional bike that will get me around, to and from the markets, and short rides. This morning I had a revelation that I am a lazy bum that doesn't get enough exercise. I took a walk to my bike shop, poked around, and found a nice Giant. I got him to upgrade my seat, and add a water bottle, all for just under $90. What a deal.
The beast will be ridden for utility, and the beauty will be ridden for pure joy.

Comments

  1. A good buy my friend. I enjoy getting on my bike each morning before the sun comes up and welcoming the day on two wheels. Good to hear from you this morning.

    ICB,

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the beauty! Enjoy riding :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake