Friday's recollections
-I heard a Chinese techno song in my taxi at 2:30am where I swear I heard both Steven Hawkings and Eminen. I swear.
-My question is which came first: the country-wide love for basketball or Yao Ming. I saw a toddler in diapers dribbling a basketball today on my bus ride.
-I came all the way to Wuhan to have my first Big Mac. It was pretty good. The special sauce made the burger slippery. Maybe I am the only one...
-I saw stars for the first time since i have been in China. I think there were times wher I could have seen them, but I guess I was distracted.
-Evidently my favorite book is Gone with the Wind, my favorite smell is sweet (I am not sure what that is), and many people think that my favorite movie is Harry Potter. I had all of my students try to guess my favorites. I also had them guess my middle name-- the best answers: Michelle, and Rebecca. Finally, I had one student tell me that when I was young, I wanted to be Spiderman when I grew up.
-A one hour taxi ride cost me 71 RMB, a little less than $9.
-In Chinese architecture they find function in form. In American architecture, we find function in function.
-You will not achieve goals unless you actually put forth the efforts to succeed. I will not learn Chinese unless I try. It has been a great practical lesson in not slacking off.
-My question is which came first: the country-wide love for basketball or Yao Ming. I saw a toddler in diapers dribbling a basketball today on my bus ride.
-I came all the way to Wuhan to have my first Big Mac. It was pretty good. The special sauce made the burger slippery. Maybe I am the only one...
-I saw stars for the first time since i have been in China. I think there were times wher I could have seen them, but I guess I was distracted.
-Evidently my favorite book is Gone with the Wind, my favorite smell is sweet (I am not sure what that is), and many people think that my favorite movie is Harry Potter. I had all of my students try to guess my favorites. I also had them guess my middle name-- the best answers: Michelle, and Rebecca. Finally, I had one student tell me that when I was young, I wanted to be Spiderman when I grew up.
-A one hour taxi ride cost me 71 RMB, a little less than $9.
-In Chinese architecture they find function in form. In American architecture, we find function in function.
-You will not achieve goals unless you actually put forth the efforts to succeed. I will not learn Chinese unless I try. It has been a great practical lesson in not slacking off.
Comments
Post a Comment