Random, coffee induced ideas

Any chance I have when I am outside the gates of TBarM, I try to find a way to sustain my coffee habit. Today was no different.
After traveling 45 miles to REI in NW Austin to get my bike fixed, I began my trip back to TBarM. I had inteded on stopping at the Starbucks at 71 and RM 2244, but I passed by a little shopping center that looked promising. It had its own Salt Lick, several spas, a tutoring place, and an intreguing pizzeria place. I was able to enjoy a good book, The Finer Points of Sausage Dogs and fancy 9" pizza. Afterwards, I meanandered over to the attached coffee shop. Like any good yuppy restraunt, it had very clean surfaces, great atmosphere, and great coffee. I then dug into The City of God as best I could.
My mind wandered to these random questions and thoughts-- that you could answer or respond to if you are up to being nerdy for a second or two:
-Is it possible to develop or discover truth, without the help of the Bible, but be able to compare it with a truth in the Bible?
-(Which leads to this question)Where is the origin of Truth, and how can we arrive, glean, or come to an understanding of this Truth. I guess the implications of this questions could lead us to a better use and understanding of the Bible. What is the use of the Bible--is it the be all end all source of all Truth?
-Traits that I think that I would wish my children would have before the "go out on their own": Be able to change a tire and jump a car, be able to carry on conversations with people unlike themselves, be able to navigate and use maps, (I had more but I forgot them).
-I don't think that there could ever be a Christian Nation. As a means to contrast: Judaism required the purity of the entire nation, and often required the participation of everyone [see story of earth eating unfaithful Israelite]. The bonds of Christianity are not of this earth and are not bounded by physical things. Grace is given spiritually. The body of Christ enjoys the invisible and spiritual connection through the Holy Spirit. The Body of Christ is made up of individuals, and requires nothing of entire families/tribes/nations--simply individuals. Christ came to seperate man against father, daughter against mother, and people within one's own household (Matthew 10:34ish). I understand that there is a body of Christ that is made up of people that have a common bond, but that it is strickly spiritual in nature. So, could there actually be a Christian Nation, a single unit that functions and exists because of religious practices, treatices, and physical tangible bonds-- I suggest not. Christians can exist in a nation, but I seem them as people that are to live among the world, and would discourage anyone from thinking that Christians can exists seperately [See City of God II.xix.]
-I missed Noel more than ever tonight. I wish that she had been with me. It would have been a fun date that included REI, helping Albanian Sophi try to jump her car and a conversation with her ridiculously loud husband on the phone with a thick Italian/Albanian accent, a shunning of a movie theater because they didn't have a movie I want to see, free samples of fresh fruit from Whole Foods, a swanky pizzeria, great coffee, good books, texas hillcountry, sweaty backs because I refused to use my air conditioner and kept the windows rolled down. All for about $35, bike fix included.

Here is a picture that I played with on photoshop from my trip last week-- a good one.

Comments

  1. I'm glad that you had a fun and adventure filled day. I would have really liked to be there with you. I wonder what it would be like to live in Albania. Would a nice young man with "all the time in the world" come to resue me?
    I just wanted you to know before I go to sleep that you are so special. I miss you and I love you.
    Goodnight Love :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake