102

For some reason, I thought that at some point during the middle of the summer that it would stop getting hot, and that fall would start settling in. Actually, summer in Texas isn't really over until early september. Yeseterday was a schorcher. 102, with a heat index of 112. Usually that wouldn't be so bad, but when you are mountain biking at 1:45 in the afternoon, and running around until about 7:00 at night, and not really havning any type of sweet airconditioning relief, it is a hot one. However, it used to mean that when it was this hot, I would always just stay inside and watch a movie or go to work at the Gap where it was always a constant 72. Instead, I drink about 1.5 gallons of water, and just sweat all day. When I laid down to take a little nap, instead of having a refreshing breeze be created by my fan, I felt a desert-like wind blowing over my body. It was just hot.
But something that I heard second hand from some missionaries in the field, is that some people, when it gets that hot, refuse to gripe about the little things, and instead, praise God for such a beautiful day. I think that it is very possible if we just give up our concerns about being sweatless all day long, or being uncomfortable, that we could still enjoy a beautiful Texas day. You can expect a sweaty boy in Spicewood Texas today, living the dream, and loving life today. Praise God.

Comments

  1. Thanks for that! I've been complaining about the heat here too. What a great reminder to praise God in EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake