week one

If I were to assign an onomopia to the way that I feel after week one, it would go like this: ooohheeyeah I am really tired. It was a good week, a blessed week, a tiring week, and an amazing week. And now for some highlights.
-It is official that being a boat driver is pretty cool. I was a little bummed because my first boating period included me driving the pontoon boat into the dock. It wasn't a head on collision, but I defiantely was jarred to a stop as the corner caught an edge of the dock. No injuries, but the boat has a little disfiguring happening in the front end of the boat. But, the next day I had two opportunities to park it, and they were flawless.
-On Thursday I got to drive a few more kids skiing and wakeboarding. No injuries, and no parking mishaps.
-It was on friday that I became a man. During the final period of the day, I took three of my guys from Buckhorn Draw out to tube. It was a large tube made for two, but they were able to stack three on there. It was great fun, and there was much hooping and hollering as I thrashed them around in my wake. I looked off into the horizon and saw some fairly dark clouds that I figured would yeild rain. A few more minutes and I notice a sheet of rain approaching us. I yell at the guys to hold on, and we continue tubing. The whole time I never saw or heard any type of lighting, so I decided to let the boys become men on the tube. They were eating it up as huge rain drops struck against them like Airsoft pellets hitting them. It started raining even harder, and I tugged them back into the boat. The wind was blowing probably 20 or 30 mph, and raining pretty hard, and we were in the middle of the lake. It was raining so hard that when we headed back to the dock, I had to peak around the windshild so I could see, and had to wear my sunglasses because I was raining so hard in my face. We slowly made our way back, and I said a little prayer just before I entered the slip, and parked it successfully.
-Most days I wake up early, check email, shower in the outdoor shower, herd the guys out of their beds and prod them to clean up the cabin, go to breakfast where I eat good camp food and still enjoy yogurt and granola (because I know the head cook), and get to hang out with kids all afternoon. My favorite parts of the day are our First Fruits Bible studies in the morning, any time I am on the lake, camp fires on Wednesday when the kids share their testimonies and deep stuff, and any time I look up to the sky or down at the lake and pray to God for such beauty. I don't have much time to read or plan, but I still am able to sneak stuff in here and there. I miss coffee every morning, but at least I still have my Y and G.
-I am feeling good about going to China. I have some books, CDs for Chinese, and having more peace about going. In my mind I have set a little barrier for next weekish to see if anything new comes up.
-I enjoy the people I work with, and respect the authorities. Does it get any better?
-I was a super slacker with pictures this week, so I will do a better job.

It is now time for me to eat my lunch of leftovers of what I can find in the walk-in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake