Time off


Last week when I had the weekend off, I went to a little museum in Austin. It was Laguna Gloria, the original location for the Austin Musuem of Art. Now, it only features a few pictures and paintings inside, but outside it has a several acre garden. It had trails and seats winding all through it. It was hot outside, muggy, which is why I think it kept the people away. It was funny though, because the only other people I saw there was a black family fishing on the banks of Lake Austin, an entire Indian family, and an older Italian/Greek couple-- while I saw several boats filled with over-weight, sunburning whites. For me is was a time for me to trounce through overgrown trails, trying not to rub up against the poison ivy I saw everywhere, read the first book of Augustine's City of God, think and journal. It was amazing what only a few hours away from my normal soundings did to refresh and energize me. I again look forward to another type of break. Next week I get off from camp. I will spend most of it in Houston visiting James and Megan. At the end of the week, I will drive to Alabama to attend a ChinaNow! orientation meeting. I recently found out that the school in Shanghai could only take two teachers, and not three. So, I will probably be placed a school in central China in a small town of about 500,000. I guess, if you are reading this and are a praying person, please pray that all the t's get crossed, and i's get dotted as I prepare for the next 10 months of my life.
Praise God for another day of life.
"It is better to die, than not to have lived at all"
-Jean Valjean, Les Miserables

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake