Extreme weeks

For the first time in seven sessions at TBarM, I am sad to see my campers leave. It isn't that I didn't like the last seven, but these guys and these weeks were amazing. In the span of twelve days, we went from being strangers, to being a fully functioning community of brothers. It was great spending time with them playing frolf, going parasailing, to enchanted rock, krause springs, waking them up in the mornings, hanging out with them during free time, dominating them on the tubes, seeing them be patient with each other, answering questions, and just being with them at this crucial time of life. Some memories that stick out are climbing Enchanted Rock, and spending time with them late at night talking under the stars, the car ride to a from Krause rocking out to Lacrae, frisbee golf in the afternoons, the look of sheer terror/joy while tubing Cameron, listening to their testimonies and admissions at the end of the week, being frozen at breakfast this morning and having Tabasco poured into my mouth to try to break me, juice, and getting to know Will, Justin, Cameron, Cody, James, Brady, Wilson, Ryan, Matt, Trey, and the girls in their sister cabing White Rock. It has been such a blessing, and I thank you guys for a good camp experience.
Random junk:
-Can true faith exist without doubt? If God is ineffable, but we can still grasp bits and pieces of God through the Bible, friends, the world, the holy spirit, how can we ever understand God? Faith. All that we know, or can know, will only get us so far, the remaining infinate distance can only be breached with faith. But if we had flawless faith, without doubt, then it wouldn't be faith, just knowledge. So, built into faith is an element of unknown which can either be discarded with apathy, or confronted with doubt. I choose the latter, and hope to wrestle with the figure of God to better understand him.
-Tabasco is hot.
-All you have to do to get people excited is put them of in an unnatural financial system (ie at camp where I don't have to pay for anything or really earn any money), and give them a $40 cash bonus. Somebody could have given me $1000, and it would have felt the same.
-I am not a Greek scholar, but I think that Zeus' ambrosia was actually an Italian cappuccino and not some type of fruity, honey drink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake