Returning to the days of yore
For those of you who have attempted to call me within the last 24 hours, you probably thought nothing of me not answering. Well, actually, for the two people that probably tried to call me... Well, my phone is currently listed as KIA. Not sure what the deal is, and do not have enough time today to go to the sprint store to figure out the problem, so as is, just send me an email or send me a passenger pigeon.The past day sans cell phone has actually be quite liberating. I am not a stranger to the cell-phone-fast, but this has been different. I haven't been able to, on a whim, just call someone up and have them give me a 20 second answer to my quick question. I actually had to ride my bike (because of choice, and $71/barrel crude oil) to talk to Noel. It was great, because I was not greated with instant gratification, but rather the slight letdown of her not even being at her house. This makes me consider only having a landline when I have my own place. Can you imagine, someone without a cell phone!?! (Actually, that was everybody for about 7000 years, and they seemed to have done just fine without them too.)
I have nothing to say of my working life, only that a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful.
Yann Martel- Life of Pi
Post Script.
I just took this test, and these were the results.
You are Cyclops!You are attractive and strong, in a boy scout republican sort of way. You are set firm in your beliefs, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But often when faced with a conflicting opinion you become defensive and angry and prone to conflict. You like to be a leader, but you must acknowledge that there are some situations which others are better fit to deal with than yourself.
3239 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 1426197 times.
0% of people had this result.
Comments
Post a Comment