Here we have been standing for a long long time...
...Treading trodden trails for a long long time
Each new day is a new world to explore. Even though my surroundings have only changed slightly, everything is new. Spending time with my family has been amazing. My father is in from Australia with his family. It is interesting how only a few years ago, our family was simply extended to spouses--but now there are babies. Life changes so much when little children are being made and enter into the world. For example--
Yesterday, we all went to see Ice Age 2 (me, Noel, Kristin, James, Megan, Derek, my dad, Maggie, and Justin Kayla Connor Logan and Rebecca. After sitting down, immediately Connor was scared "Of the ice falling." Derek then spent the next 25 minutes trying to convince him that it was "Going to be alright". About that time, Logan was being super antsy, so I took him to explore the lobby. Connor was still scared, but somehow because of the soothing power of Derek, and I think he was trying to be brave for his uncle Patrick--we were able to convice him to watch the movie. 30 seconds later, he was clutching his "Saucy" (blanket), completely engrossed in the movie. I was able to watch the rest of the movie off to the side with Logan thrashing about, trying to stay awake. It was great.
"I am never taking my kids to another movie, until they are old enough to ask me to take them to a movie"- Derek
Each new day is a new world to explore. Even though my surroundings have only changed slightly, everything is new. Spending time with my family has been amazing. My father is in from Australia with his family. It is interesting how only a few years ago, our family was simply extended to spouses--but now there are babies. Life changes so much when little children are being made and enter into the world. For example--
Yesterday, we all went to see Ice Age 2 (me, Noel, Kristin, James, Megan, Derek, my dad, Maggie, and Justin Kayla Connor Logan and Rebecca. After sitting down, immediately Connor was scared "Of the ice falling." Derek then spent the next 25 minutes trying to convince him that it was "Going to be alright". About that time, Logan was being super antsy, so I took him to explore the lobby. Connor was still scared, but somehow because of the soothing power of Derek, and I think he was trying to be brave for his uncle Patrick--we were able to convice him to watch the movie. 30 seconds later, he was clutching his "Saucy" (blanket), completely engrossed in the movie. I was able to watch the rest of the movie off to the side with Logan thrashing about, trying to stay awake. It was great.
"I am never taking my kids to another movie, until they are old enough to ask me to take them to a movie"- Derek
Comments
Post a Comment