Peace, perfect peace...

Yesterday, Kathleen Norris spoke about several issues that face Christians today; one of which, was the desecration of sacred language as found in current marketing trends.  I truly led me to think about  my everyday ('byt) use of language, and how often I run dangerously close to being profane.  Words are powerful because they connect people to ideas and emotions.  This becomes extremely important when communicating to and about the Lord.  Plus, I read in Leviticus 25 this morning that a half Isrealite/ half Egyptian boy profained the name of the Lord while duking it out with another boy... yeah, he was stoned in the prescence of the entire community.

All this talk of language also made me think how words and messages super-saturate my life.  Whether it is reading 200 pages every other day for class, listening to my iPod as I ride to class, watching 24 or the Grizzley Man on Discovery, talking with friends in the campus center, or reading online blogs or newspapers-- my days are filled with an over-abundance of words.  Peace, perfect peace; this is what I felt this morning as I brewed coffee in silence, as I walked to school today sans iPod, and listened to the traffic on Ambler.  And for this, I am a fuller, happier man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake