New Record

Almost finished with Blue Like Jazz. Could be an all-time-speed record.

I was talking to a homeless man at a laundry mat recently, and he said that when we reduce Christian spirituality to math we defile the Holy. I thought that was very beautiful and comforting because I have never been good at math. Many of our attempts to understand Christian faith have only cheapened it. I can no more understand the totality of God than the pancake I made for breakfast understands the complexity of me. The little we do understand, that grain of sand our minds are capable of grasping, those ideas such as God is good, God feels, God loves, God knows all, are anough to keep our hearts dwelling on His majesty and otherness forever. Miller, 202

There's not a lot of work in the Christian market if you won't write self-righteous, conservative propaganda. Miller, 188

For those of you following the story of my life, I am currently hatching a new plan that will hopefully take me straight into the lion's den. I have decided that I am ready to live a life without a safety net. I will keep you posted.

Comments

  1. Blue Like Jazz is what finally convinced me that my tithing patterns were not up to par, and I was only screwing myself by not giving it back to God. Have fun finishing the book! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake