Treefingers
Cut to the credits, because tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. my time as a business major will officially be over. I am shifting my focus from both sides of my brain, to one... Kind of. With all its ups (Dr. John Neil), and its downs (Amandita Johnson), I will be done warming up for the rat race. Instead of pushing papers, talking about models, and forecasting and hypothesizing the benefit of a type of investment I get to inspire impressionable minds, encourage people to seek truth, find effective ways to communicate with people who are different than I, and get to engage in a life full of learning. I cannot see where exactly I will end up, but I know where ever I am, I hope to serve God, have fun, and serve those around me.
Things I learned from COBA and being an effing double major for 3 years of college:
-When you are taking 19 hours of classes, you can never expect to have a 4.0.
-English majors can't add.
-COBA majors can't read.
-If you learn how to study for yourself, and read effectively, you can learn just about anything.
-John Neil and Jonathan Stewart are probably the best teachers in COBA.
-Steve Weathers and Christian Willerton are the best teachers in English.
-Evidently my coarse loads weren't normal. I just thought everyone didn't ever have a spare second to do nothing- just like me.
-Whatever you do, work as if you are working for the Lord.
-Apples are better than PCs.
-COBA will always have more money, but English taught me that money never really matters-- unless you are a finance major.
-Retirement is a joke. Just work until you die, and love life.
-In the end, it doesn't really matter what major you are, what you do- just do something that will make it easy for you to praise God and serve others. Billions of people before us have done just fine not making $85,000 a year, and except for the past 10 years, no one has even heard of a SUV.

Clarke, I will miss you next semester my friend.

I had so much fun. Thank you Amanda for asking
me to Siggie Christmas Social.

1... 2... 3... Jump!
Things I learned from COBA and being an effing double major for 3 years of college:
-When you are taking 19 hours of classes, you can never expect to have a 4.0.
-English majors can't add.
-COBA majors can't read.
-If you learn how to study for yourself, and read effectively, you can learn just about anything.
-John Neil and Jonathan Stewart are probably the best teachers in COBA.
-Steve Weathers and Christian Willerton are the best teachers in English.
-Evidently my coarse loads weren't normal. I just thought everyone didn't ever have a spare second to do nothing- just like me.
-Whatever you do, work as if you are working for the Lord.
-Apples are better than PCs.
-COBA will always have more money, but English taught me that money never really matters-- unless you are a finance major.
-Retirement is a joke. Just work until you die, and love life.
-In the end, it doesn't really matter what major you are, what you do- just do something that will make it easy for you to praise God and serve others. Billions of people before us have done just fine not making $85,000 a year, and except for the past 10 years, no one has even heard of a SUV.


me to Siggie Christmas Social.

Comments
Post a Comment