Brave

(A now a message from our sponsor)
If you will notice just to the right of this post is a section called "Current Stuff". I want to bring attention to an addition called "My writings". One of the best things that I learned in my fiction workshop class was the importance of writing. So, for those of you bored or wanting to get to know me on a stalker-like level, feel free to stop by and read what I have offered up to the world.

In order to expand my mind beyond the spiritual autobiography, I picked up a copy of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World at Half-Price Books yesterday. As expected, because it is like one of my favorite books-- 1984, I like this book.
    'Strange,' mused the Director, as they turned away, 'strange to think that even in Our Ford's day most games were played without more apparatus than a ball or two and a few sticks and perhaps a bit of netting. Imagine the folly of allowing people to play elaborate games which do nothing whatever to increase consumption. 26

Megan and the boys are here now, and I got to observe the 3 year-old mind engage in pure imagination for about 2 hours with a set of toy cars. (and Megan was enjoying every second of it). I wonder if there is something lost when we grow up. When was the last time I played with cars? I no longer play with cars, but I do find great enjoyment in things such as tuning my bike, building bookshelves, and gardening. I think that we would all be a little happier if we could find fundamental outlets for our wandering imaginations.
What if we stuck it to the man, and went ahead and rebroke the record for World's Longest Softball Game? 127 hours! Who's with me?

Comments

  1. Matt Keathley12/12/05

    I am with you for 127 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Derek drew your name for Christmas maybe he will get you some cars to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake