Beyond the Adjective

I went to a movie by myself this afternoon-- which is one of my favorite things to do on an empty afternoon. I saw Munich. It was an excellent movie, but was very rough. This is not a plot synopsis.
Going into the movie, I remeber hearing or reading that Speilberg prosented the viewers with a subject that he could have done a lot with, but wasn't able to reach the audience with as much pizazz as he couild (I added the last part). With that said, and my experience from the movie, I think everything presented on the screen was intentional. I don't think Speilberg is haphazard with is productions. Therefore, I felt like Speilberg presented a subject, and hastily threw it into my lap, and left it up to me to make my own decisions; ie Reader Response. He left out the easy adjectives. Evidently, Ernest Hemmingway's books were so fresh because most of the books leave out adjectives-- he left it up to the reader to imagine an old man fishing, or the cowarice of war, or the effects of drunkeness on others, etc... So, it was a successful movie outing because it inspired me and made me think. $6.50 well spent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake