What the eff
On his November 10, 2005 broadcast of The 700 Club, Robertson told citizens of Dover, Pennsylvania that they had rejected God by voting out of office members of the school board who support "intelligent design."
"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his broadcast.
"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said [9].
In a written statement, Robertson later clarified his comments:
"God is tolerant and loving, but we can't keep sticking our finger in his eye forever. If they have future problems in Dover, I recommend they call on Charles Darwin. Maybe he can help them."[10]
What are these people's problems!? I believe in "intelligent creation", but if a school board does not allow someone to talk about it, I might investigate the reasonable arguments for and against both sides, but I am not going to call Sodomesque brimstone upon a community. I feel like I should appologize to God for what the Church has become these days. What a way to start the week.
"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his broadcast.
"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said [9].
In a written statement, Robertson later clarified his comments:
"God is tolerant and loving, but we can't keep sticking our finger in his eye forever. If they have future problems in Dover, I recommend they call on Charles Darwin. Maybe he can help them."[10]
What are these people's problems!? I believe in "intelligent creation", but if a school board does not allow someone to talk about it, I might investigate the reasonable arguments for and against both sides, but I am not going to call Sodomesque brimstone upon a community. I feel like I should appologize to God for what the Church has become these days. What a way to start the week.
Patrick
ReplyDeleteI think that a lot of people feel the same way you do, and less support Robertson's ridiculous comments