Reflections from 3rd Annual Turkey Day Invitational

For the the 3rd consecutive year, the I have participated in the "Annual Taylor/ Vincent/ Koceich/ Thurman Thanksgiving Invitational Golf Tournament." Notice that I say "participated" not competed, becuase that I am terrible at golf. This does not at all hamper my ability to love life while swinging a club. These are my relfections:

-It is just not the same without James or Derek there. You guys are going down at the Christmas Invitational.
-My drive, midrange, chipping, and putting games could definately use some improvement.
-Bill and all the other course authorities can get over the fact that three of us played from one bag.
-Evidently an In-and-Out tshirt can be substituted for the course-required (goofy) collered golf shirt.
-My "one club approach" was just as effective as choosing the proper clubs with each shot. I am afraid if this secret gets out, it will put caddies out of the job everywhere. (Hole 4, par 4, various clubs = 8 strokes; Hole 5, par 4, PW = 8 strokes.)
-I can drive a ball just as far as any professional looking, cursing Bubba.
-Aramdillos are funny looking creatures.
-Not being good at a skill does not mean you cannot suck the marrow out of life while doing that. I suck at golf, but I sure do love it.
To my friends and family; I love you guys and Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

  1. I missed our annual event. But we had a great time doing Turkey Day with our own family. Looking forward to seeing you over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake