Part of a system
"There are 1,198,000,000 people alive now in China. To get a feel for what this means, simply take yourself-- in all your singularity, importance, complexity, and love-- and multiply by 1,198,000,000. See? Nothing to it." Annie Dillard, For the Time Being
It has been amazing for me to look at all the people that surround me, and to know that their lives are just as meaningful, complex, confusing, fulfilling, frustrating, ect., as mine. By doing this, I am not bigger or better then they are- just different. A sense of humility fills me as I see other people live their lives out.
Praise God that we are all individuals that are all a part of a system.
It has been amazing for me to look at all the people that surround me, and to know that their lives are just as meaningful, complex, confusing, fulfilling, frustrating, ect., as mine. By doing this, I am not bigger or better then they are- just different. A sense of humility fills me as I see other people live their lives out.
Praise God that we are all individuals that are all a part of a system.
Comments
Post a Comment