Look of Life
Minutes before walking to Cullen to listen to a special speaker on Campus, I was watching the tail-end of "The Sandlot" (specifically the scene where the Bambino appears to Benny), ad I thought to myself- why do we not have heroes any more?* * *
David Leeson is a hero. If you know nothing about him, I urge you to look him up, because there is nothing that I can do to adequately describe him. Tonight, he stood before 500 students, most of which were there for the three chapel credits, as a man with an unwavering passion to serve God with every gift he had been given. He had a peaceful, but powerful presence. He spoke with meek authority on what did and did not work for him. He had amazing photographs!
* * *
On the eve of my first big adventure (graduation), I am completely filled with an anxious, giddy, passion to explore and engage in life fully. What will my life look like in thirty years?
David Leeson is a hero. If you know nothing about him, I urge you to look him up, because there is nothing that I can do to adequately describe him. Tonight, he stood before 500 students, most of which were there for the three chapel credits, as a man with an unwavering passion to serve God with every gift he had been given. He had a peaceful, but powerful presence. He spoke with meek authority on what did and did not work for him. He had amazing photographs!
On the eve of my first big adventure (graduation), I am completely filled with an anxious, giddy, passion to explore and engage in life fully. What will my life look like in thirty years?
Comments
Post a Comment