Is it really all that bad?
One of the difficulties of being an idealist is that at times what begins as innocent idealisms turns into fanaticisms. I often will share my contempt for "Americans", or "Texas", or "Rolling luggage" with my friends. Today I had a scary realization as I was reading my sister's blog-- Texas is not all that bad. Just thinking that she, James, and Kristin (you know you want to) will be in Houston some day, really makes me want to find a cheap apartment and work at a school, then go to rice for my PhD in English. I mean, really what is wrong with temperate weather, extremely low cost of living, proximity to family and friends, good food, and a people that I understand. While Europeans were duking it out in Europe and "civilizing the savages all around the world", the Chinese and Japanese cultures were camping out and becoming the most civilized nations in the world. India is one of the old civilizations in the world, and the cradle modern languages (Sandscrit); and they just camped out. They did not feel a need to trounce around the world, never allowing roots to dig deep in a familiar soil. You know what D, if you want to live in Abilene the rest of your life and continue to affect people's lives like you already do, you have earned my upmost respect. More power to you for establishing an effective and long lasting ministry.If you have time, please check out these two sites today.
-National Aids day is tomorrow. Read this.
-I love my sister so much, and I am excited about her coming to Texas soon. Check out her most recent blog post.
Comments
Post a Comment