ICB

There was never a point in my life where I wanted to be at a social club at ACU. I never dreamt of being in a fraternity. When I was a freshman, I hardly knew social clubs existed, and definately did not go to any of the spring rushes. A mere three years later, and I cannot think of anything (aside from Christ and my family) that has been more impacting on my life. My experience in club has been so incredible. I loved/hated pledging so much. I have, in the span of nearly two years, traveled Texas to eat tex-mex, never been on a team that won a single intramural team chapionship, won sing song twice, played in a 60 hour softball game, participated and completed two 25 hour movie marathons, run... to the tower of light twice, been elected officer, and SO much more. Driving home from Inter-denominational Night, I had such a peace knowing that I have made my friends for life. Club will hold such a special part in my life because of the experiences I have had, the friends I have made- all for the glory of God.

In Christian Brotherhood- till the day I die.

Comments

  1. Weasel-

    I was gonna put some stupid comment going into reading tonight, but I just can't. All you can say freakin' ICB to we die. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty,

    I am very thankful that we had breakfast together one morning in the Fall of 2003. Nothing has been the same since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty,

    I have to agree.

    Driving on I-35 to school last week I started thinking about experiences that I had in club and I was overwhelmed by feelings of pride.

    Then I started thinking about the feelings that I felt after we won sing-song and I got goose-bumps.

    The Chrisitan brotherhood and friendship of GSP will be with me forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake