Dates with dead saints
"The climactic essay in the course, this ten- to fifteen-page paper will connect two or three works from the course on some major theme or artistic concern. Yes, you may include works you have written short papers on. Research is required even though the main argument of the paper will be yours. That way, your personal judgments will be informed personal judgments."
Today I get to revisit the first book that we studied in Literature and Belief: Confessions by Saint Augustine of Hippo. It is a very daunting task to stare down the barrel of a 15 page paper that you are presenting in class, to a professor that is the director of the honors program and a literary genius. I am excited though to learn new things about a man that continues to affect Christianity, even 16 centuries after his death.
I never understood why James always studied during Thanksgiving break-- now I know.
Today I get to revisit the first book that we studied in Literature and Belief: Confessions by Saint Augustine of Hippo. It is a very daunting task to stare down the barrel of a 15 page paper that you are presenting in class, to a professor that is the director of the honors program and a literary genius. I am excited though to learn new things about a man that continues to affect Christianity, even 16 centuries after his death.
I never understood why James always studied during Thanksgiving break-- now I know.
Hey DB,
ReplyDeleteComments are working on my blog again. feel free to comment on my comment page if you have any comments to make. I would like to comment that your comment page is empty-devoid of comments. Well...now there is one comment. I suppose that could have gone without comment.