15
Waiting in line for my Alfredo's burrito from Alfredo's, I began reading Psalm 15. (I have decided that it is always good to have a book in the car in case you are in the drive through for 10 minutes.) This is what I have come up with.
-It is an unbelievable passage, and I urge you to read it today sometime.
-It was written by David-- a man. So was the entire Bible. The Bible is just another book, inspired by something deep within each of the writers (ie Holy Spirit). So what is different from something like Psalm 15 and a list of good qualities that I write? If we both are seeking the Lord, meditate on what scriptures we have, listen to the Word of God in the world around us, and seek truth in what we write-- what is the difference. This isn't an attempt to debunk scripture. For me, this realization brought the Bible closer to me. Suddenly the passages are not some neuter space filled with words: the words are words written by fellow human beings, struggling to find our place in the universe, in an attempt for us to hear Him through it all.
Praise God for carpe diem days and beutifully cold weather.
-It is an unbelievable passage, and I urge you to read it today sometime.
-It was written by David-- a man. So was the entire Bible. The Bible is just another book, inspired by something deep within each of the writers (ie Holy Spirit). So what is different from something like Psalm 15 and a list of good qualities that I write? If we both are seeking the Lord, meditate on what scriptures we have, listen to the Word of God in the world around us, and seek truth in what we write-- what is the difference. This isn't an attempt to debunk scripture. For me, this realization brought the Bible closer to me. Suddenly the passages are not some neuter space filled with words: the words are words written by fellow human beings, struggling to find our place in the universe, in an attempt for us to hear Him through it all.
Praise God for carpe diem days and beutifully cold weather.
I read it too!!! Love it :)
ReplyDeleteme threeve
ReplyDelete