The latest


Some men of the Shack at Grub- MaREO party '68. What do you think of the beard? Trust me, it was unintentional; I just forgot to shave for 3 weeks. Whoops.

Latest reading: The Cloister Walk. This could be one of the best books I have ever read for class. I think that it is a mixture of many things: I think I needed to read this book at this time in my life (thank you Holy Ghost), I appreciate learning new things about interesting dead saints, her writing style is great and flows like a good coffee drink down the esophagus, and she has a passion for living life for God that seeps out from every letter and every space of her book.

Latest listening: Radiohead. This is perfect music for me to study to and cat-nap to. I listen to music by not really hearing the words, but hearing the music, so it is handy that I have no idea what they are saying. It is also a good sound track for a 30-power nap, because you never really drop too low into unconsciousness, however, I imagine this is the type of music that is playing in my REM sleep. Ha, I am fooling myself.

Latest big news: I am thinking about 86ing my finance major. I have come to the realization that I just want to teach people. I love to learn, enjoy people, and the freedom that comes from an environment of people that are learning and growing. I do not think I will enjoy the corporate world, and do not get excited (one bit) at finding new ways how to make people more money. I believe in using knowledge and wisdom with the resources the Lord has given me, but I do not believe in avarice (which is what capitalism is founded upon). I was also sorting through all the classes I have taken, and might be able to graduate in May. This is big news because that means I have to start mapping what June will bring- overseas teaching job, CELTA certification, grad school, Peace Corps? This is all very exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake