Commune

Communion is an incredible thing. At College Drive Devo tonight we shared a meal, and then took communion. It was a peaceful time of fellowship, admittance of sin, redemtion and praise. Girls of the Devo House, thanks for opening up your home.

I cannot seem to shake this everwhelming feeling of weariness in all aspects of my life. My body is tired (mostly beceause I am sleep and coffee deprived), my mind is tired from always being engaged in some type of study, my relationships are meager at best (on my part) because I do not feel like I have enough time to them- especially God. A good friend of my, who also has several things on his plate, were talking this evening about being busy. For him, constant self-reflection upon what it is that he is involved in is needed. I think that it is vital to maintain perspective- especially when you are overwhelmed. In this transcendental vision, you cannot let life pass you by, you cannot dissect every single part of it, and especially cannot focus on trivial aspects (like wanting female compaionship).

God, I am tired- can you pick me up?

Comments

  1. Patty,

    I agree that last night at Devo was a special time. It always is, but there was just something about last night that I can only describe with the word "holy." Heather and I were talking about how special it is to share a meal like that with so many people that we love and cherish. I'm glad you're one of those people Patrick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake