Over usage of the word 'Ghetto'
A day is quickly filled when one is involved with a leadership position in club, 19 hours of school, a vibrant social life, and enjoys one's sleep. At least tomorrow I only have to worry about going to 5 classes.
Today I was at Lawrence Brothers to pay some bills. I had only been there once before, and likely would have described it as 'Ghetto.' Several times when the old Wal-Mart was open, we would describe it as the 'ghetto' Wal-Mart. The true meaning can be found here. While standing in line, I saw a refugee from New Orleans cash some type of governmental check, and had an opportunity to visit with a 60 year-old black man about his 9 children, and 27 grand kids. It was a truly pleasant experience to shoot the breeze with a complete stranger- that was so different from myself. It is important to venture outside of the "ACU bubble." (Does this satisfy the challenge Erin?)
Today I was at Lawrence Brothers to pay some bills. I had only been there once before, and likely would have described it as 'Ghetto.' Several times when the old Wal-Mart was open, we would describe it as the 'ghetto' Wal-Mart. The true meaning can be found here. While standing in line, I saw a refugee from New Orleans cash some type of governmental check, and had an opportunity to visit with a 60 year-old black man about his 9 children, and 27 grand kids. It was a truly pleasant experience to shoot the breeze with a complete stranger- that was so different from myself. It is important to venture outside of the "ACU bubble." (Does this satisfy the challenge Erin?)
Comments
Post a Comment