Back to the basics

My summer was incredible: an entire month spent traveling and spending it with family; two months in reflection in life, pursuit of an A in American History, excellence in my job, ample time spent riding my bike and hanging out with the guys in town. My life was simply spent devoting myself to the Lord, excellence, and in service to those around me. However, at the end of August, I was ready for the storm. I knew that it was coming, and I was anxious for it.
Now that it has arrived, I am again reminded of my zeal to fill things up. My life these past few weeks have been crazy. I stay up way past my bed time (11:30p), I am constantly doing something, I feel guilty if I play 20 minutes of Amped2, I have had little time to read for fun (because I have so much school reading), and sadly sometimes I am so rushed that I have to drive instead of sweating on a bike ride and have to eat Chicken X instead of cooking stir fry.
But, this week has been incredible! A peace has returned to my soul, my face has been reacquainted with my goofy grin, vibrant friendships fill my life, and once again I have been able to ride my faithful steed. I have gone back to the basics. Praise God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake