Train wreck
Waking up to an alarm always seems to do something weird to me. Whenever I wake up naturally, I will lie in my bed for about three minutes trying to fall asleep again, but then I will give up. If I could sleep in, I would sleep in until about 10:00am.
For me, waking up unnaturally is a different story. I never seem to have a problem waking up, I will always shuffle down from my loft at the time I set my alarm; rather it is just the state I am in when I wake up. I feel like a train wreck. My eyes scream at me to shut them. My brain does not feel like my new Powerbook, but rather feels like the computer in the movie War Games. Every action requires intense focus. It is like I am on Everest, climbing without oxygen, using every brain cell just to put one foot in front of the other. I usually wake up in time to not slit my throat when I shave, and to craft a master concoction of coffee. Without any more delay, I am off.
For me, waking up unnaturally is a different story. I never seem to have a problem waking up, I will always shuffle down from my loft at the time I set my alarm; rather it is just the state I am in when I wake up. I feel like a train wreck. My eyes scream at me to shut them. My brain does not feel like my new Powerbook, but rather feels like the computer in the movie War Games. Every action requires intense focus. It is like I am on Everest, climbing without oxygen, using every brain cell just to put one foot in front of the other. I usually wake up in time to not slit my throat when I shave, and to craft a master concoction of coffee. Without any more delay, I am off.
The good thing about having such a loving husband is on my triain wreck days I can just lovingly nudge him and ask and he will allow me to sleep in. That's the life.
ReplyDelete