My Summer, Part I

I believe it was Benjamen Franklin that would reflect upon every day three times before he went to sleep. It was through this process that he was able to evaluate, savor and amend his life. I have had an amazing summer and wish to recap it myself, and for the few that read this blog. This is not necissarily my my favorites, rather big things in my life, and some of my favorite pictures to go along with it. This is "My life" this summer...

June and my sabbatical.
For the first time in my life, I did nothing. I left Abilene and my responsibilities for an entire month. During this time, I traveled to Houston to visit with my brother, hung out with my sisters in Arlington, went to a luau in A-town, and went to Europe. This time was so special and timely for me. It was the first time since sophomore year of high school since I had not had a job, or taken any summer school. For an entire month, I was able to rest, refocus, explore, read, laugh, and live free of the daily grind.

Yes Jim, it was a good pig

Goods time at the park had by all.

California, August 5-10
On July 28, 7:00am, while eating my fruit/granola/yogurt delight for breakfast, I thought that it would be a good time for me to go to California. Megan, my sister, is moving from Pasadena to Houston in October (no pressure Derek), and I figured that this could be the last time I could easily travel to California. I was also looking at a bank account with ample "Adventure Funds". So, I talk to my boss that morning, Megan, and Nick, and by lunch time, I had a ticket to Califor-ni-a.
My time in California was wonderful. I did not do a single touristy thing, unless you consider the beach touristy. I spent two days at the beach, one day in scenic Bakersfield, and the rest in Pasadina. Megan, Derek, Conor, Logan, and Noël, thank you for making my trip to California amazing.


Thanks Derek and Megan for letting me come. I cannot wait until you move to Houston.


Until next time my good friend...


Conor, you come from good stock... what a dirtbag.


In-n-Out... I miss you already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake