Ending on a high note
I finished reading "The Pursuit of God" by AW Tozer last evening. It could be one of my favorite books of all time. This book hit me at just the right time in my life. Perfect timing is a normal experience for me now that I am a follower of Christ I am now looking forward to checking out a CS Lewis book from the library today.
In the final chapter of the book, Tozer explores the troubling phenonmenon of "the old sacred-secular antithesis." I now can say that a Christian's life should be nothing but a sacred life of glorifying God in all that he/she does- there is no seperate time for spiritual things and everyday life things. I will leave you with a passage where he talks about what we can do to reconcile our whole lives spent glorifying God.
"We can meet this successfully only by the exercise of an aggressive faith. We must offer all our acts to God and believe that He accepts them. Then hold firmly to that position and keep insisting that every act of every hour of the day and night be included in the transaction. Keep reminding God in our times of private prayer that we mean every act for His glory; then supplement those times by a thousand thought-prayers as we go about the job of living. Let us practice the fine art of making every work a priestly ministration. Let us believe that God is in all our simple deeds and learn to find Him there." AW Tozer
In the final chapter of the book, Tozer explores the troubling phenonmenon of "the old sacred-secular antithesis." I now can say that a Christian's life should be nothing but a sacred life of glorifying God in all that he/she does- there is no seperate time for spiritual things and everyday life things. I will leave you with a passage where he talks about what we can do to reconcile our whole lives spent glorifying God.
"We can meet this successfully only by the exercise of an aggressive faith. We must offer all our acts to God and believe that He accepts them. Then hold firmly to that position and keep insisting that every act of every hour of the day and night be included in the transaction. Keep reminding God in our times of private prayer that we mean every act for His glory; then supplement those times by a thousand thought-prayers as we go about the job of living. Let us practice the fine art of making every work a priestly ministration. Let us believe that God is in all our simple deeds and learn to find Him there." AW Tozer
Comments
Post a Comment