Darkness

I consider myself a good driver, and hardly find myself in situations where I feel anything but completely confident. I was never nervous even when I learned how to drive a standard, when I first took my 4Runner off-road, or when I navigated some of the worst traffic in American in Houston- home of Bubba. Last night when I drove south from Bakersfield in I5 at night, I was scared. The roads were winding. Traffic moved at the same dizzying pace (there was a motorcycle that must have passed me going about 150 mph). The road was dominated by trucks delivering California fruit goodness to the world. These things I could have dealt with, except there was not a single road light. It was pitch black.
Darkness is so lonely, so expansive, and it removes every sense of safety or familiarity from a family place/situation. Take a simple drive in the outskirts + darkness = uncomfortable drive. Even simple things such as color demand light: no color would exist if light could not bounce off of objects at different levels. Life would not exist without light, because plants could not photosynthesize. The Earth would be a cosmic ice cube without light.

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, 'Let there be light', and there was light." Genesis 1:1-3.
I desperately want Jesus to be the light of my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake